Monday, October 26, 2009

Swine Flu Diary

No fever! She’s sleeping a lot. When she wakes up she is not hungry. She doesn’t want to come downstairs and be with us she just wants to rest. When she finally wakes up she has to be coaxed to drink. She moans that her stomach hurts. Her head hurts.

She wakes up at 9:00 PM and is up. She has no appetite. D and I are working in the living room and dining room while she is laying on the couch. We give her a vitamin c lollypop which perks her up a tiny bit. I sit with her. I try to breathe. I try to take care of myself, so that I can take better care of her.
I regret watching the special on the swine flu! Kids in hospital, on oxygen.
My kid moaning.
I feel like something is trying to get me. My throat has that weird scratch before you get a cold. Fuck you flu! I felt run down but had to maintain. I have a scratchy throat. I think I’m dizzy.
Turns out I was just tired. I woke up fine the next day.

No comments: